Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Quote of the Day #1 "Salvation is a posture not a prayer."

Hey y'all! Last night my best friend and I were having a conversation about how girls in our grade like to party on Saturday night and then go to church Sunday morning as if nothing happened. These are the same girls that have bible verses on their Facebook status, but a red solo cup as their profile picture. Do you see the difference between the two? My best friend told me a quote that her youth minister told her.....  
"Salvation is a posture not a prayer."
Now, what he means by this is if you are going to claim Christianity act like it.  Think about it this way... If I sit on a chair, I am putting 100% of my faith in the chair to hold me up, but if I stand near the chair and say, "Chair, please hold me up. Chair, please don't let me fall..." If I'm not sitting in the chair but asking it to hold me up I'm not putting all my faith into the chair. Do y'all see what I mean?
Please don't mistake this as me thinking that I'm perfect because I am SOOO not saying that! I know I am nowhere NEAR being perfect. I had just never heard it explained this way and it really put it into a better perspective.

BUT on a lighter note.... Here is a funny chair comic! :)


Chair Rage




 
rage comic meme forever alone chair school funny pics pictures pic picture image photo images photos lol 

Thank y'all so much for reading! I hope you have a wonderful day! :)
                                                                  - Holly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment